Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sad Update, but I haven't lost hope.

I received a package in the mail today. Yea!

I immediately ripped open my package wondering if it would be my jacket or my overalls. Overalls. I was greeted with the overwhelming odor of chlorine. Phew! It was just wretched. Really bad smell. Ok, point gotten across.

Problem. If you need to review, scroll down to look at the lovely Asian woman in an urban setting, wearing a pair of relaxed overalls.

#1 Notice her slight frame.
#2 Notice her flat bum.
#3 Take my word for it that neither of these descriptions applies to me.

I waited as long as I could, but soon found myself in my closet straining to squeeze my voluptuousness into the legs of the overalls. Crack, rip. Yep, popped an unseen seam.

Apparently the Asian population are not bootylicious. I tried again. This time with spanx. I had them on. Button the sides up? Well, these came straight from the factory and the button holes weren't cut open yet. And that's when I had my epiphany.

The wash on the overalls was nearly identical to the wash on a pair of bootcut Levis that I hardly wear because 1 or 2 washes in, they became just a little short.

Lightbulb!

What if I were to cut off the bib and back sections of the overalls and attach them into my well-fitting Levi's? The plan was to wear the legs rolled up thereby diminishing the one fault - too short.

What if the bootcut leg was too wide? I laid the Levi's leg on top of the overall leg - slightly narrower! Perfect, I hoped.

So I popped the odoriferous overalls into the wash.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment